I haven’t been on a computer all weekend and it’s been marvelous! I work in IT and spend my entire workday glued to (multiple) computer screens, so it’s nice to unplug on the weekends. Though I didn’t touch a computer, I did do a thousand and one other things this weekend.
– Took Maddux to the dog park (3 times).
Ryan loves the little ice cream carts at the park.
– Went to Jamba Juice. It was Pride Weekend here in Chicago and Jamba Juice was showing their pride!
I got a Tropical Mango smoothie. I had them swap out the sherbet for fresh mango.
It was quite refreshing. The building we live in was also showing it’s pride.
I love living in such a diverse and accepting city.
– Went to Bleeding Heart Bakery.
I picked up a Take a Hike Scone and a Cranberry Oatmeal cookie. Both are vegan and nut free. The scone is massive and is packed with dried fruit, pepitos, and flaxseed.
– Went to Costello’s. I had the Veggie Grinder minus the provolone. “a whole wheat sub roll with hummus and provolone, oven baked then dressed with lettuce, tomato, onion, pepper rings and classic vinaigrette.”
Ryan and I are both big fans of Costello’s and go there often. They have an extensive menu and will customize anything.
– Went to the pool
– Went to a BBQ
– Went shopping for costumes for our camping trip next weekend (more on that later!)
– Went to a family party out in the burbs
– Sat out in the yard and caught up on reading
Thanks to a certain puppy that doesn’t like to sleep in, the latest I slept in this weekend was 6:30am. I am wiped. Dare I say I am ready for the work week to start??